Menu

ladies night tonight...... I need to bring something yummy. Help!!!

A group of ladies are getting together tonight. I'm really tired today and can NOT come up with a quick, yummy "something" to bring to share! The woman in charge told me to bring a bag of candy. I don't feel right about that. BUT, I cooked for a Thanksgiving feast yesterday and tomorrow is our pasta night social. I really need something simple to prepare for tonight. Can you give me ideas?

Thanks!

Can you do like a chips and dip type thing, or were you thinking more 'main meal'...?

If you can do a snack, make one of those dips were you smoosh a package of Philly cream cheese on the bottom of a small casserole dish, add two cans of chili to the top of that (I like to do one with beans and one without), sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of THAT, and then bring it and just pop it in the microwave long enough to heat it up and melt the cheese. It's really good with tortilla chips. It's quick, easy, and tastes good. :D

(If you're feeling ambitious, put a layer of diced tomato on too).

Can you do like a chips and dip type thing, or were you thinking more 'main meal'...?

If you can do a snack, make one of those dips were you smoosh a package of Philly cream cheese on the bottom of a small casserole dish, add two cans of chili to the top of that (I like to do one with beans and one without), sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of THAT, and then bring it and just pop it in the microwave long enough to heat it up and melt the cheese. It's really good with tortilla chips. It's quick, easy, and tastes good. :D

Yum! This could easily be a dinner in my house! I think I'll try this with a layer of corn, peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.

Deviled Eggs?

perfect! It IS yummy, I just couldn't think about what to bring!

Jennifer, I thought of the eggs but the above is even easier. :)

Not exactly health conscious but you can take a round of Gouda cheese, wrap it in Crescent roll dough and bake until the crescent roll is browned. It melts the cheese inside and is yummy. You can serve with crackers for dipping.

That sounds really good!