Menu

If you had to choose ONE level of R&S English to use with a group of 6th-8th graders

ereks mom

6th--with the workbooks and TM from Level 5 in case any of the kiddos need review or extra help. Also, I would make sure to get the TM for level 6. I feel the oral reviews in the TM are an important part of the program. Also, if you are stretching it out. you could teach the lesson in the TM one day and then go over the lesson in the student text the next day.

Honestly, I wouldn't chose R&S. (Those who know me might be passing out at this point.) The 6th grade book is the one you would need. Using a 6th grade book in a group of 6-8th graders has too much possibility for complaints. The parents of the 7th and 8th graders are likely to object to you teaching to the lowest level. The older kids are going to balk at the number on the book. I don't think it would be worth the trouble of placating everyone over the level of the book. I think I would look at Analytical Grammar for this type of situation. It is not grade leveled.