Menu

LOF Prealgebra questions

Storm Bay

Have you used this and, if so, which one did you do? How well did the science work with the math? We like LOF, and I'm thinking of getting this for my ds next year. He is more of an auditory learner, so we'd use this along with something else, but he enjoys science so I thought it would help.

If you've used both of the ones out so far, did you have a favourite? I'm thinking about combining this with the Russian math book that one of my dd's did last year. He's currently doing SM 6A.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Have you used this and, if so, which one did you do? How well did the science work with the math? We like LOF, and I'm thinking of getting this for my ds next year. He is more of an auditory learner, so we'd use this along with something else, but he enjoys science so I thought it would help.

If you've used both of the ones out so far, did you have a favourite? I'm thinking about combining this with the Russian math book that one of my dd's did last year. He's currently doing SM 6A.

We've done the first and half of the second. They are VERY well done. The author intends for them to be done consecutively, not choose one. The second has a special focus on word problems that I definitely wouldn't want to skip but I also wouldn't want to skip the first either.

:iagree: with Cheryl in SoCal. We've done the first and about 2/3 of the second. I wouldn't skip either of the books. Life science is just not my son's cup of tea, but he really enjoyed the first book. So, the biology was a real plus for us. He is very much into economics and that makes the second book a winner for him by default but, he has really enjoyed all of the life of Fred books.

We are halfway through the first book and was wondering if i should get the second or not. My kids said, YES!

You say your kid is an auditory learner... why don't you read it to him? I read it to both my kids and we do the problems together on a white board. It works great. Also, if you are in SM 6A... it is perfect for starting the first pre-alg. book IMHO.

My son is currently using Life Of Fred Pre-Algebra Biology. Oh, my! It exposed him to Avagadro's Number. It taught him about rust and recessive and dominant genes. The science is the math in my opinion. He is almost done with the Biology. I just found out this week about the Economics book. I think I went to the website to see what else to purchase. Lo and behold, I see Pre-Algebra Economics. I can't wait until my son tries this one.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Okay, thanks! Yes, I'll need to get both, and yes, Korin (you know I had to post this & go read your sig line again because I tend to think of people by their monikers first even though I've read your sig line before!) I think I will either read it to him or have him read it to me, or, if there is dialogue we can both read it if he's into that.