Menu

What's for dinner tonight in your house? Inspire me!

Here's what I ended up making, and I thought my DH was going to knock me down and kiss me. Even the toddler ate it (though DD5 would only eat a piece of plain cod with EVOO and salt).

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/2058/Ginger-Honey-Glazed-Barbecued-101302.shtml

I made whole wheat couscous on the side, cooked with water mixed with the same glaze, and eda mame.

I heated up frozen chicken fajita strips, heated a can of refried beans in the microwave (I removed then from the can first, LOL), made some "mexican rice"(in my rice cooker I put 3 cups white rice, 4 cups water and about 1/2 cup salsa), and now dh is gone to the mini-mart to buy some more tortilla chips so we can make nachos to go with it all. :-)

LEFTOVERS!!!!

After my husband pointed out just how much of the chicken and beef tips were left over in the fridge from earlier this week, I realized he was right - we really had to have leftovers tonight. So I made some mashed potatoes and a salad to spruce 'em up, and somehow - almost everyone was happy.

Tomorrow night - waffles 'n sausage!

I really had fun reading what everyone else was having, and I got some great ideas for next week!