Menu

Best Binding Machine Options?

I know I've read about them here on the forum in the past, but I've totally spaced out the names. What is the most affordable option both for machine and spirals? I am not interested in comb binding - but would love it if I could locate a way to make nice spiral bound books at home.

Lay those suggestions on me, girls....I'm ready! :bigear:

Blessings,

Lucinda

Search elegantlion---she loves hers. I'd do the search for it myself, but I don't need to tempt myself :001_smile:.

Oh yeah...ProClick. Thank you! What a HUGE temptation that one is!! But is there a less expensive way to go? I could work up to the ProClick, but at the moment I'm pinching pennies.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I have this one.

https://www.bindingmachine.com/P~N~CoilMate_E_Electric_Coil_Inserter_Coil_Binding_Machine_~id~7996.htm

It's awesome. The punch part is not as heavy duty feeling as the binding machine at the school where I used to work, but it works great. All you really need is a punch, the crimping tool, and plastic coils. The electric coil inserter is just a rubbery spinning rolling pin type thing that spins the coil into place. It works really great with smaller books but it's trickier with larger books. I have some coils from this place (thanks mom!) and they are packaged very nicely in the perfect sized boxes which is handy. Coils are cheaper from spiraflex but they have a $50 min order and are not packaged in such a space-saving way. Be careful though, as it's addicting. We love the feel of a coil bound book for flipping back to read so we've been cutting all sorts of non-homeschool books apart too lol.

Another thing I absolutely love, is in the spirit of the filing system thread, I have been coil-binding a week's worth of work at a time, including drawing paper, lined paper, my teacher pages and notes for myself--EVERYTHING in a bound book with the week's lesson plan on the front cover. Boy does that simplify things. It saves so much time looking for things and means we can school nearly anywhere. The coil fits great in a clipboard. I keep telling DH "IT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!" lol. I'm finding I am more likely to get more done because it is all right there.