Menu

Anyone take a week or two off Math and just do Family Math?

Halcyon

I love Family Math, I really do. We just haven't found the time to fit in all (read: any) of the wonderful games since the summer. My older son is chugging along with SM 3A (he's finished the IP, most of the text and about halfway through CWP 3). My younger is chugging along with MM 1. So taking a break is more than doable.

But somehow, I feel....guilty? negligent? LOL.

I can do this, right? apl.gif

Timely post!:D All day I have been thinking about this. We have a baby due in Dec. My kids are ahead in math and reading. I keep wondering, what if I took off the month of January (December is already completely off) and just did read alouds, copywork and math games. I feel like a slacker for even THINKING about it. lol. But I think I'm going to do it anyways. So, definitely go for it and just think, there are even more negligent mothers (that would be me)than you out there.:lol:

i have one of those??? Where?

I guess you don't then, bummer eh?

And in real story life, it'd be a Great Aunt Wilhemina. Or am I the only one who has noticed that unknown relatives dying and leaving you, their only relative, are always Great Aunt Wilhemina?

Rosie

I love Family Math, I really do. We just haven't found the time to fit in all (read: any) of the wonderful games since the summer. My older son is chugging along with SM 3A (he's finished the IP, most of the text and about halfway through CWP 3). My younger is chugging along with MM 1. So taking a break is more than doable.

But somehow, I feel....guilty? negligent? LOL.

I can do this, right? apl.gif

You can!

Can I also suggest something, though? I found that I never got around to the Family Math games during our regular school weeks. So I made them into file folder games (glued them inside a folder, attached a baggie with any needed pieces) and filed them. Then we could just pull one out, all ready to go, and fit it into our daily lesson.

You can!

Can I also suggest something, though? I found that I never got around to the Family Math games during our regular school weeks. So I made them into file folder games (glued them inside a folder, attached a baggie with any needed pieces) and filed them. Then we could just pull one out, all ready to go, and fit it into our daily lesson.

good call! even now I am trying to gather the supplies for Three Bean Salad and I am like okay, it's going to be a Peanut, Black Bean and Macaroni Salad!