Menu

Favorite Netflix Streaming Educational Shows for Elementary Age?

Halcyon

I've been in Africa for 4 years... so forgive me if the question is dumb. When you upload Netflix videos to watch on your home TV, do you get to keep the movies forever, do they expire after a while...? Can someone explain how it works? Also, if you go offline say with an iPad, but you have a Netflix uploaded onto it, does it stay on there until you reconnect to wifi again? Need a little clarity about how using Netflix on your ipad type stuff works. Thanks.

I've been in Africa for 4 years... so forgive me if the question is dumb. When you upload Netflix videos to watch on your home TV, do you get to keep the movies forever, do they expire after a while...? Can someone explain how it works? Also, if you go offline say with an iPad, but you have a Netflix uploaded onto it, does it stay on there until you reconnect to wifi again? Need a little clarity about how using Netflix on your ipad type stuff works. Thanks.

Netflix is streaming, which means that you have to be online to watch it at all (unless you also subscribe to the DVDs, that's a different ballgame). If you are online, either on the iPad or computer, watching a program and stop, when you restart later it will pick up at where you left off. You can't upload them, you have to be online to actually watch anything. You can use it with both the iPad and computer interchangeably, and even both at once (as long as both are online).

Clear as mud?

• 9 months later...

My kids (7 and 5) are always totally absorbed when we turn on "How It's Made". There seem to be about a gazillion episodes on streaming. It's not necessarily in-depth info, nor is it necessarily attuned to what we're doing in school at the moment, but there's lots of fascinating information for them.

• 2 years later...