Menu

Pink Eye

I would just have her sit with a warm wet tea bag on it after cleaning it up. That will help with the inflammation and make it be less irritated. Pink eye *can* be bacterial, but a doctor is just going to prescribe the medicine whether it is or not when it is more probable that it's not. I wouldn't rush to the doctor. We've never gone to a doctor about it.

Thanks! We've been doing the warm cloths. I never thought of the tea bags......good idea! I did call the doctor though and they are just calling in a prescription for me. Yay!! I didn't want to have to take her in for an appointment. I have to say, that's a first. Usually I have to bring them in, even when I know it's pink eye and just need an antibiotic called in.

Do yourself a favor and wash your hands obsessively and don't touch your face at all. Imogen got pink eye when she was 1 year old. You can see in her birthday shots, one of her eyes is slightly swollen. Then it went away but I caught it and had a horrible time.

Our doc told us once that if the infection is in one eye it's likely viral and just wait a couple days to see if it got better. But if it's in both eyes it's likely bacterial and needs to be treated with antibiotic.

Cinder

Yes, it's in both eyes. We first noticed it yesterday after church. It was only in the right eye. It wasn't pink yet but had lots of gook forming. We kept putting warm wet cloths on it, but within a few hours the other eye was gooky too. Then this morning her eyes were stuck shut. They are now both pink.

Cinder

Do yourself a favor and wash your hands obsessively and don't touch your face at all. Imogen got pink eye when she was 1 year old. You can see in her birthday shots, one of her eyes is slightly swollen. Then it went away but I caught it and had a horrible time.

I'm trying! I get pink eye EVERY TIME one of my kids gets it. I don't know how. I'm pretty fanatic about washing my hands.

Yes, it's in both eyes. We first noticed it yesterday after church. It was only in the right eye. It wasn't pink yet but had lots of gook forming. We kept putting warm wet cloths on it, but within a few hours the other eye was gooky too. Then this morning her eyes were stuck shut. They are now both pink.

So sorry to hear this! This is what my ds's got the first time they had pink eye. It was awful. Besides the icky eyes, light was very bothersome. We had to keep the lights off in any room they were in and the blinds shut. It lasted about a week. Thankfully dh and I didn't catch it.

Wash wash wash and keep the warm compresses going.

Cinder