Menu

Think Italian with me!

Here are my ideas: (and the way I do it) - flip through magazines or Google Images and find either a configuration or actual arrangement of items that will work for you - by configuration I mean high, low, medium, small, thin, wide -- I've used different items but have followed the number/size of an arrangement that I like - it works. Also, if your color theme is unifed and your 'theme' is unified, the tables do not all have to be exactly alike - a little difference in each will make it all the more interesting.

Do you have a budget? I would stalk the aisles of Marshall's and the like for small, medium and large bottles of decorative/flavored olive oil - you know the kind with sprigs of rosemary, garlic cloves, olives, capers, etc inside.

An appropriately colored napkin or mirror square or woven something to be the 'base' of your arrangement - it will anchor whatever you do even it is merely a square of fabric (that could be your unifying theme -- get a remnant of fabric and have every table have the same fabric anchor to the arrangement).

More: candles, italian herbs and spices - maybe grouped together in a teeny little colander. Hunks of Italian cheese grouped with a little cheese grater in a colander or bowl with uncooked pasta. Decorative cruets (ceramic) for oil and venegar or dressing. Dried peppers, swags of garlic, basil.

There is a pasta called 'mother in law tongue' which is a long ribboned pasta that is red white and green - if you can find it near you (we have it in whole foods and wegmans and marshalls and TJMaxx and HomeStore (or is it homegoods?)

All of these can be arranged in a basket, or a bowl or a colander or a wooden bowl or whatever you find that you think works.

Think about finding (again at those same stores) little mini cookbooks about Italian cooking - I have some written in Italian, Italian tour books or Italian Translation Dictionaries -- These can be placed in the arrangements - as can photos of Sophia Loren (kidding).

Breadsticks, loaves of bread (you can find wonderful faux loaves of bread, again, at those places I mentioned).

Right now that is all that comes to mind -- but you get where I am going. I had done a built in wall in a former house in Shabby chic stuff that I picked up all the places above and Tuesday Morning as well -- I copied the arrangements from Southern Living and Better Homes and Gardens. It was fantastic -- oh, little tea lights with shades, let your imagination run wild.

Take pix and let me see them.

ETA: My last name ends in a vowel.;)

ETA again: I see you are doing one table -- I was giving tons of ideas as I thought you had to do a room ful of tables, but, it should still all be helpful.

Edited by MariannNOVA