Menu

If you've had surgery after a skin biopsy...

A biopsy from a mole on my back came back with atypical cells so I'm going in for surgery to remove the area around it. I need to know what to expect. I can't lift anything or bend over a lot (um, yeah, see siggie for ages of my dc!) and don't know yet if I will have to stop running.

I just need to know that I don't need to be nervous. ;)

I had to have the same thing done on the area between my shoulder blade and neck. The procedure itself was easy - after the shots to numb. I didn't feel anything and it was pretty quick. I was a bit dizzy after and my dh was there to drive me home. The pain wasn't as bad as expected but it was hard to move freely. I knew when to stop because I could feel it pulling.

It really wasn't bad at all so don't worry.:D

(darn being a fair-skinned redhead!)

Anyway, one of the incisions was 2-1/2 inches long, but really, not particularly deep, the rest were shorter. None bothered me in the least unless I banged them. Do follow the recommendations for keeping the site moist and covered, it helps with healing.