Menu

My dh was on TV last night!

Undercover Boss was filmed at his job and he was in the crowd at the end.:D

I will say that he was really confused why they picked one of the employees they did (because he doesn't have a particularly interesting, frequent, or otherwise TV worthy job.) At the end, it was because NASCAR told him they would pay for his ds's leukemia treatments. I am so happy for him! Dh said that explained why that particular employee's attitude had changed so much.:D

You know, I watched little bits of that show last night, but I didn't catch where they were filming. I DID think, "Hey, I bet Renee would find this interesting, because her husband works at a track.":tongue_smilie: I'll have to pay closer attention if it comes on as a rerun.

My aunt was in the crowd at the reveal on Extreme Make-over last night, too.

That's so cool! I have to say: from a fan point of view, I liked the sign painting stuff - I like knowing how stuff gets done there. That employee did seem like a nice man - and it's great that others could see the change in him when his burden was relieved. It's not often that anyone has an opportunity to have such an impact on a family.

And I LOVE Michael Waltrip Racing, so I liked that segment of the show, too :D!

J

That's so cool! I have to say: from a fan point of view, I liked the sign painting stuff - I like knowing how stuff gets done there. That employee did seem like a nice man - and it's great that others could see the change in him when his burden was relieved. It's not often that anyone has an opportunity to have such an impact on a family.

And I LOVE Michael Waltrip Racing, so I liked that segment of the show, too :D!

J

Did you know that they paint the walls between each race? That means if there is a wreck during the Nationwide race the night before, they paint it within 12 hours so it is ready for the Sprint Cup race the next day.:tongue_smilie: While fans like the excitement of wrecks, the employees cringe! :lol:

There are a lot of neat jobs at the racetrack, and a lot of hard ones, too. My dh said he would rather they had the guy pulling recycling during the race - you get covered in warm beer, mostly.:lol: He thinks that would have made for better TV.:tongue_smilie:

I am glad they are doing this for him, though - times are REALLY bad in this area and I can't even imagine how they have been paying the medical bills.

The personal stories of the employees are quite heartwarming. And, I usually cry at the end. My kids watch this show with me. My son likes to watch the show, and my daughter likes to watch me watch the show. I guess I have a very expressive face.:blush:

However, it saddened me to learn that the NASCAR CMO and racing teams leave their families behind for 30+ weeks at a time.

Claire in NM

The personal stories of the employees are quite heartwarming. And, I usually cry at the end. My kids watch this show with me. My son likes to watch the show, and my daughter likes to watch me watch the show. I guess I have a very expressive face.:blush:

However, it saddened me to learn that the NASCAR CMO and racing teams leave their families behind for 30+ weeks at a time.

Claire in NM

NASCAR is very clear in their job postings that anyone who works actual races will be gone 90% of the time. It *is* really sad for the families left behind. However, there are many people who take their families with them. When we were making decisions about what we wanted to do, one of our options was for dh to get a traveling position with NASCAR and we would go with him (living in an RV.)

(Dh does not work for NASCAR, but neither did any of the employess they showed last night. He works for the track, as does the sign guy, and the other two guys worked for their respective race teams.)