Menu

Storybook about knight(s) for 4yo boy

I am getting my son a wooden shield and making him a cape and crown for his 4th birthday. (He recently got a wooden sword and bow & arrows.) I was thinking of giving him St. George and the Dragon for his book, but would like other ideas to consider as well. Any other favorite storybooks about knights or princes? We do have the usual fairy tale collections already, but a particularly lovely edition of a fairy tale might tempt me too. Thanks!

The Squire and the Scroll is a great book with great lessons (there's also a study guide you can get to go with it).

We loved the My Father's Dragon trilogy. It's not about knights, but does have dragons. We read through them 2-3 times when ds was about 7. Ds is now 10 (in a day & a half) and will still not part with the stories - not that I want him to. :)

BTW, you might also be interested in checking out Dover's site. I think they have an activity pack (stickers, info filled coloring books, etc) about knights.