Menu

Must be the dumbest Q: how should boys wear their socks today?

I'm also one who wonders why a seven year old boy should have to worry about his fashion statement.

Fashion, in general, I could care less about. But teaching a boy how to wear his socks is one of those common-sense kind of things to me.

And honestly, I don't want people to think my kids are homeschooled just by looking at them. :lol: (kidding...!)

For the last several years my husband has played in the company golf tourney. I have been telling him for years to lose those ridiculous sock of his. Would he listen?

Finally, the first wk tournament he played in . . . They take pictures of all the golfers by teams and then the whole group. Who was the ONLY man there in long socks? He has worn shorties (my term, I don't know what they're actually called) since.

Thanks goodness.

Honestly, nothing can look more effeminate than knee-socks on a man. As as for the half-calf things . . . well, i'm glad my man doesnt' wear them (often).

Fashion, in general, I could care less about. But teaching a boy how to wear his socks is one of those common-sense kind of things to me.

...how to wear socks? that's easy. they go on your feet.

whether a child likes ankle socks or knee socks is a matter of personal comfort and taste. :)

At age 7 I was just happy if my son wore matching socks. I didn't care if they were tall or short, as long as they matched. It was a struggle every time we left the house. I can't tell you how many times I said something like, "If you are going to wear socks, please make them the same color and wear your tennis shoes. I don't like the orange sock and the blue sock in your black sandals with your tan shorts and red shirt." :tongue_smilie:

Now he is 10 and he is becoming very aware of style so I don't have to say anything. I do prefer however dark grey or black socks because they don't stain after he wears them outside with no shoes.

As far as height, I see boys here wearing all heights. I will say though that most often I see the taller knee socks on the gang looking boys. It seems the sagging pants and the tube socks are to be worn together here.