Menu

Homemade Christmas Updates?

How's it going? I finished sewing the body of the 2nd Christmas dolly for my girlies. I do have the skirts for this one and the 3rd one done too. :) The dress takes the longest to make so I'm confident this gift idea will be done.

For our coop's Christmas Craft Faire I've made a dozen warshrags, 3 swiffer covers, 1 tea towel, a dozen or so old fashioned knit bookmarks, and two scarfs. Last year I sold 30 dish rags so I need a few more.

How's it going? I finished sewing the body of the 2nd Christmas dolly for my girlies. I do have the skirts for this one and the 3rd one done too. :) The dress takes the longest to make so I'm confident this gift idea will be done.

For our coop's Christmas Craft Faire I've made a dozen warshrags, 3 swiffer covers, 1 tea towel, a dozen or so old fashioned knit bookmarks, and two scarfs. Last year I sold 30 dish rags so I need a few more.

You know you have six kids, right? :lol:

How do you do all that?

You rock!

How do you make the wash rags?

You thought you could TRICK me into joining Ravelry, did you??? ;) I have been strong in denying myself access, as I know I would be wooed by the possibilities...

The washrags ARE very simple, but I'm not as fast as you.

Now, for my own, I have all the parts I need now for the Advent Calendar I am sewing for my nephew and niece. I was interrupted by my dd10's coach's request for 2 banners.

You thought you could TRICK me into joining Ravelry, did you??? ;) I have been strong in denying myself access, as I know I would be wooed by the possibilities...

The washrags ARE very simple, but I'm not as fast as you.

Now, for my own, I have all the parts I need now for the Advent Calendar I am sewing for my nephew and niece. I was interrupted by my dd10's coach's request for 2 banners.

post-979-13535083941764_thumb.jpg Here you go!

I love Ravelry. But I don't spend as much time there as I ever did with FB. I love being able to keep a "diary" of my knitting. It helps me keep organized and I'm less likely to lose track of my books, patterns, needles and yarns.

My fav. feature if looking at other folks who've done the patterns in my books and seeing what color combinations they used and which yarns.

Yes, I'm trying to get you on Ravelry. It's like a hot cup of tea with chocolate.

post-979-13535083941764_thumb.jpg

I love knitting. I have never understood the dishrag thing, though. Why do people want to buy them? I would love to knit something like this because they would be so quick and easy, and I tend to knit things that are projects - socks, sweaters, shawls. They would make a nice change. I see patterns for washcloths but wonder who would want them since it seems like the cotton ones we buy at the store are so useful and low maintenance. Are hand knit ones really better?

I am asking in good faith. People ask all the time "why knit socks when you can buy them cheaply" and I roll my eyes. Hand knit socks are SOOOOOOO much better than store bought ones. Is it the same with wash clothes?

I love knitting. I have never understood the dishrag thing, though. Why do people want to buy them? I would love to knit something like this because they would be so quick and easy, and I tend to knit things that are projects - socks, sweaters, shawls. They would make a nice change. I see patterns for washcloths but wonder who would want them since it seems like the cotton ones we buy at the store are so useful and low maintenance. Are hand knit ones really better?

I am asking in good faith. People ask all the time "why knit socks when you can buy them cheaply" and I roll my eyes. Hand knit socks are SOOOOOOO much better than store bought ones. Is it the same with wash clothes?

YES! If you haven't tried them, knit one. You'll soon replace all the store bought ones. :D

When DH's grandma stopped I knew I'd have to knit my own. So I dusted off the knitting skills I'd learned when I was 12 just so I woud never run out.

Knit bibs are fantastic too.

I LOVE them!!! Great job! I have been wanting to make some of these for my dd's. You have inspired me to go and get started! Thanks, Kristen

Your wish is my command. They are denim and cotton, and I splurged a bit on having my friend embroider the names, which was a few extra bucks. There are 5 altogether.

PA180011.JPG