Menu

All 33 Miners are OUT!!!!

I hope that the last one out the "captain" makes sure what he says comes true.

He told the president of Chile that this cannot happen again. I hope that he and the others can use this as a way to make mining safer for EVERYONE in Chile!

.....AND MINERS ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!

29 American miners were killed in the Upper Big Branch mine disaster earlier this year. The long track record of serious safety violations is appalling. Over 1,100 violations in the past three years, and 50 violations for improper venting of methane gas and poor escape routes in the explosion!

astrid

It's absolutely wonderful :D and brings tears to my eyes.

This has to be awkward for some of them, however. :glare: Not good at all.

I had a friend from Central American tell me that this was "normal" in her country. I don't know if it is true in Chile or not (seems so!) She said her father had another family all her life and that her husband did the same thing (she left him because she wasn't going to live that way.) It was considered normal, but still not wanted.

I can't imagine. Some of those men might wish they were back in the mine over the next couple of days! And some of them might be so changed by the experience that they will not do this anymore.

What a wonderful day! Each time one came out, I felt like I was watching a miracle unfold all over again! To have a disaster like this and no deaths is just amazing. God Bless Chile and God Bless those miners as they make their way back to real life!:001_smile: