Menu

I knew this would happen sometime....

Yep, I payed someone for curriculum (not on this board) and even paid extra for priority mail. I didn't get it. I emailed back. The seller was gracious and said she was sorry and she would overnight it at her cost. Haven't seen it. I have emailed her twice since. If I don't get it by tuesday, I will have to put in a dispute with paypal. I would much rather just have the curriculum than go through all the hassle. So, I guess it is back to the drawing board....

Yep, I payed someone for curriculum (not on this board) and even paid extra for priority mail. I didn't get it. I emailed back. The seller was gracious and said she was sorry and she would overnight it at her cost. Haven't seen it. I have emailed her twice since. If I don't get it by tuesday, I will have to put in a dispute with paypal. I would much rather just have the curriculum than go through all the hassle. So, I guess it is back to the drawing board....

ugh!

How awful.

I hope it works out somehow!

It stinks that there is no mail today so you'll have to wait another day to see if she sent it.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Yuck!

I'm the same way....after many transactions through the years, I dreaded the day something would go wrong. It finally did.

A couple months ago I sold something but the recipient never got it. She had emailed an address to me but I mailed the package to the address that her paypal sent me. She hadn't updated her paypal address and it supposedly went to an old address.

What could I do? I refunded her money, hoping the package would be forwarded to her new address or at least sent back to the sender. No package. No money. I have stacks of stuff here I want to sell, but now I'm dreading it. I'm not sure I can afford to sell anything more! :lol:

I'm the same way....after many transactions through the years, I dreaded the day something would go wrong. It finally did.

A couple months ago I sold something but the recipient never got it. She had emailed an address to me but I mailed the package to the address that her paypal sent me. She hadn't updated her paypal address and it supposedly went to an old address.

What could I do? I refunded her money, hoping the package would be forwarded to her new address or at least sent back to the sender. No package. No money. I have stacks of stuff here I want to sell, but now I'm dreading it. I'm not sure I can afford to sell anything more! :lol:

I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I sell something, because I worry about something going wrong and possibly having to send a refund. Then I'll be out books and money.

I do my best to make sure that I accurately describe anything that might be wrong, and only sell things that I would be happy to receive.... but still things can go wrong while the package is in transit. I figure it's bound to happen to me eventually, too. :tongue_smilie:

I believe that Paypal requires you to send to the registered Paypal address. She really should have updated the address in order to protect both of you. My understanding is that if you ship to a different address, there is no protection for you in a dispute. You were very gracious in refunding the money.

I believe that Paypal requires you to send to the registered Paypal address. She really should have updated the address in order to protect both of you. My understanding is that if you ship to a different address, there is no protection for you in a dispute. You were very gracious in refunding the money.

This is right. She really wasn't due a refund because it is Paypal policy to send only to the address of record or you forfeit coverage. If she is paying via Paypal it asks if the address is correct and she would have had to notice it. Maybe she should refund you!!

I'm sorry that happened to you. That kind of thing is so disappointing.

The most annoying thing that happened to me once, was when I purchased a math set that included workbooks and the ad said the workbooks were like new. But when I received them they had been written in. The seller told me they had more than one set and sent me the wrong set. This didn't happen through this board. It was ebay.

Edited by Miss Sherry

Sometimes life gets busy and it could have been a honest mistake. If she mailed it Friday overnight its likely you wouldn't receive it until Tuesday becuase monday is a Bank/Gov. Holiday. Columbus day. With that said you may want to wait at least until wed. to dispute.

This is right. She really wasn't due a refund because it is Paypal policy to send only to the address of record or you forfeit coverage. If she is paying via Paypal it asks if the address is correct and she would have had to notice it. Maybe she should refund you!!

This happened to me some time last year. I pm'd my address to the seller, but she sent the books to the PP address. I didn't even realize PP had my address! Luckily, once we realized what happened, I was able to go to the old address & get the books, & there wasn't a problem.

All that's just to say, unless something's changed, when you pay w/ PP, it doesn't ask you if your address is correct. It's easy to forget--not that I think that makes it the seller's fault at all. Just wanted to stick up for those of us who, er, DON'T notice the details! ;)