Menu

I need a good cleaner.

I have been making our own cleaning supplies using natural supplies for several years now (Sal's Suds, baking soda, vinegar, etc.). I love how they don't smell of chemicals, but my house has really gotten a bit dingy over the years. I've gone back to good ole' Ajax for the toilets because I'm just tired of my bathrooms being a step above a truck stop. Now, I need a, mostly natural, all-purpose cleaner that I can use on cabinets, counters, walls, etc. that will actually work, not smell like chemicals and that I won't worry about the kids using.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rene

I like Mrs. Meyer's stuff too. I have also used the Method cleaning products. I've let my oldest use the bathroom cleaner to wipe down his bathroom.

I'm probably the only person on the planet who feels this way but I am not a big fan of the scent of lavender. So this limits my choices in natural products a bit. :001_smile:

I'm probably the only person on the planet who feels this way but I am not a big fan of the scent of lavender. So this limits my choices in natural products a bit. :001_smile:

Ugh, same here. I always want to like it because it's so pretty! But it smells a lot like bugspray.

Barb

I just bought Shaklee's Get Clean starter kit and I'm super impressed.

Basic H in different concentration to clean windows, general cleaning, and super dooper cleaning is fantastic.

The dishwasher soap is the best green dishwasher soap I've ever tried. It works as well as my old Cascade, seriously!

The re-usable cloths included have been wonderful. One for scrubbing, one for the windows, one for counter tops.

I like Mrs. Meyer's stuff too. I have also used the Method cleaning products. I've let my oldest use the bathroom cleaner to wipe down his bathroom.

Then you would love Biokleen products. They do have an "unscented" version of all their cleaners, but their regular scent is citrus: orange peel and grapefruit. It smells heavenly clean!

I use their liquid dish soap as shampoo for my cats. It makes their fur so soft and clean....and they smell SO good! And it kills fleas!

Oh, and their automatic dishwasher powder......my dishes are clean, sparkling and residue free. I still use vinegar in the rinse-aid compartment.

I used to make all my cleaners, etc. but Biokleen products work much better, they smell better and they are so inexpensive that they are more cost effective.

I would love to try the Biokleen laundry soap, but I love, love, LOVE the scent of the Zum Frankincense and Myrrh laundry soap, so I don't think I'll ever change that......and with the Zum laundry soap, it softens your clothes in the wash so you don't need any kind of softener. I'm constantly amazed when people talk about their "stiff" towels when they don't use fabric softener.:001_huh: My towels are incredibly soft and they smell wonderful. And all this chemical-free!

I like Seventh Generation Natural All Purpose Cleaner "Green Mandarin & Leaf" scent for basic countertop cleaning in the kitchen & bathrooms. It smells very fresh and works as well as 409, etc.

I also like Seventh Generation's automatic dishwasher detergent.

But for toilets, showers, & sinks, I still use Clorox Cleanup. Sorry. I don't know how else to prevent mold/mildew and other nasty stuff. I am open to suggestions on products for that!

Edited by OC Mom