Menu

Help with SOTW Vol 1 Ch 6

g.beth12

HELP!

I must be missing something - probably something obvious.:glare:

We did the Jewish People Word Search today on SOTW Vol1 Ch6. We're supposed to write down the leftover letters in order to answer a bonus riddle. I can't find any bonus riddle, and the leftover letters don't make any sense. What did we miss?

Thanks!

We're on this chapter too, but we're skipping the word searches since ds isn't a fluent reader yet. Sorry, but I can't be of much help! I actually am wondering how many people do the word searches since frequently SOTW 1 is a 1st grade text and a lot of 1st graders are not yet able to do word searches. That might be why you have quite a few views and no responses...

I have 2 editions. The older edition has extra words (Envy, Prison, Ruler) and the accompanying 3 extra questions, but no mention of any riddle as far as I can tell in either. The older edition doesn't even have you doing anything with the leftover letters.

Have you emailed SWB to ask for an errata?

I mentioned the extra words because the grid looks the same and maybe finding those words will reduce the number of leftover letters into a word that makes sense?

ETA: We haven't done either puzzle, so I can't tell if one word would be left if you found 19 words. I bought the books and then decided to use History Odyssey and haven't bothered to sell them yet. I need to set a calendar mark to sell a bunch of stuff at "curriculum planning for next year" time.

Edited by amey311
to add more

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm glad I'm not just missing something obvious. I took your good advice and emailed Peace Hill Press with my question.

ETA That is interesting about the three other words in the old edition. I found them in our word search, but it still didn't make any more sense.

Edited by g.beth12

• 1 month later...