Menu

You know those pie in a jar things? I have a question...

So I made a bunch of pies in jars last year for gifts, like for the neighbors and such. They were a hit. But just now we went apple picking, and I was thinking it would be fun to bake individual apple crisps in the jars. Do you think that would work? I was thinking it would be a fun surprise to bring with me to our local park day. My homeschool mommy friends would like some warm apple crisp to munch on while the kids run around the park.

So I guess my question is, do you think it would work to cook a crisp in the jar instead of a pie? I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. Maybe I should grease the insides of the jar, so that the apples don't stick? Any advice?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Crisp-II/Detail.aspx

This is the best apple crisp ever. I think they would work fine in those jars. I wouldn't think you'd need to grease them, as they are glass, and I don't grease my glass cake pan when I make this.

Please post about your results if you do it! So cool!!

HA! Lori, this is the apple crisp recipe I use! How funny! I think I"ll make them for sure, and let you know how they turn out. :)