Menu

WWYD?

WWYD with three little girls, and no boys? Dh and ds are leaving in the morning to go camping w/ scouts for the weekend. So I will have my two dds(both 9) and a little friend (8) tomorrow night.

This is what I have planned so far. Go rent a movie. :tongue_smilie:

Yep, that's it. I need ideas, my brain is mush. Oh, but nothing to do with anything remotely even close to nail polish. It ain't gonna happen!!! At least not until these three repaint the bathroom cabinets from the last time they played w/ nail polish! Did I mention the polish was black. My cabinets are/were white. Oh, and np remover, also removes paint! Soooo, no nail polish!

Thanks!

Art projects, cooking, board games, dress dolls, sing along with music. My daughter and her friends love to pull out the dress up box and play pretend. They come up with elaborate stories that incorporate practically everything in the box (3/4 of which is boy stuff). Maybe use blankets and let them camp under the table.

When my daughter has had friends over, I simply made grilled cheese for lunch and cut the sandwhiches from corner to corner, making four small triangles. Then I put some cookies on a small plate, served tea in a teapot with teacups, and they thought it was great. If they don't like tea, put lemonade or hot chocolate in the teapot.

Have a fun girls' weekend!

Kim

Normally I don't plan sleepovers or playtime either. However, my dd's room is already trashed, and needs parental help in cleaning up the carnage. Therefore, I really, really, don't want them in there dragging out all the dress up stuff (which is their favorite thing to do together). So, I am trying to keep them busy, outside of dd's room, so they don't add to the mess. Plus, I'm a little leary of too much planning on their own /free time after the last sleepover (see above about polish).

Normally I don't plan sleepovers or playtime either. However, my dd's room is already trashed, and needs parental help in cleaning up the carnage. Therefore, I really, really, don't want them in there dragging out all the dress up stuff (which is their favorite thing to do together). So, I am trying to keep them busy, outside of dd's room, so they don't add to the mess. Plus, I'm a little leary of too much planning on their own /free time after the last sleepover (see above about polish).

I wouldn't plan anything at all - but I would help dds clean their room top to bottom and remove all toys to a bin that they don't want their friend to touch or any messy things. It seems like dress up would be pretty safe if not mixed in with a ton of other stuff.

Kids really have more fun with less. My kids' toys mysteriously disappear and they do not miss them (he he he).

I wouldn't plan anything at all - but I would help dds clean their room top to bottom and remove all toys to a bin that they don't want their friend to touch or any messy things. It seems like dress up would be pretty safe if not mixed in with a ton of other stuff.

Kids really have more fun with less. My kids' toys mysteriously disappear and they do not miss them (he he he).

:iagree:

I totally agree with that! All my kids are soooo much happier with less! It forces them to be creative and find things to do together.