Menu

What will the weather be like in Bar Harbor, ME in October?

lynn

I'm about an hour west of Bar Harbor, and it's down to the 50's now at night here. A few more weeks and we'll have had at least one frost at night and will have turned the furnace on for the winter. Days in Oct. can still be quite warm (um, I mean above 60 and sunny when I say "quite warm" :tongue_smilie:). It can get cooler much more quickly in Bar Harbor with the wind that comes off the water. Bring layers! Wow, I feel very much like a weather girl :lol:!!

Cold! Most days were pretty nice, though. Except when it rained. Dh and I had our first real vacation there nearly 20 years ago. Stayed at a lovely B&B. It was late Oct so the season was just about over. The B&B had a list posted of which restaurants were closing each day. Still, we had a great time. The days were warm enough for hiking and picnicking. Loved it!

Cinder

We're in Boothbay Harbor right now, and we are all very happy that we brought along our fleece lined jackets. It's very chilly at night and on the water. During the day it has been around 60 - 65 most days. I would think the nights will be very chilly up there in October. We haven't been to Bar Harbor in a while but we love it there!