Menu

CLE Reading question

abrightmom

I'm trying out CLE Reading with my 2nd grader. Love the stories:001_smile: but I'm getting bogged down in these dictionary markings. UGH. CLE Reading offers several components that I was looking for and missing in our LA line-up. But, I'm about to throw in the towel on these (stupid) dictionary markings. Is this throughout all levels of CLE Reading? Perhaps if I'd started with the first grade reading it would make more sense.

Why are these dictionary markings important? I have to say that I think they're silly and useless for the most part. Set me straight if I'm missing something big here. :D

I'm concerned that if I skip or overlook these dictionary marking sections we'll continue to feel frustrated and confused throughout CLE's Reading program.

Any advice or insight here? It is these kinds of issues that make me want to use Phonics Road with WWE and VP/SL lit. I want AIO. Piecing things together to get all the aspects of LA I want is driving me insane :auto:.

I'm trying out CLE Reading with my 2nd grader. Love the stories:001_smile: but I'm getting bogged down in these dictionary markings. UGH. CLE Reading offers several components that I was looking for and missing in our LA line-up. But, I'm about to throw in the towel on these (stupid) dictionary markings. Is this throughout all levels of CLE Reading? Perhaps if I'd started with the first grade reading it would make more sense.

I'm concerned that if I skip or overlook these dictionary marking sections we'll continue to feel frustrated and confused throughout CLE's Reading program.

Any advice or insight here? It is these kinds of issues that make me want to use Phonics Road with WWE and VP/SL lit. I want AIO. Piecing things together to get all the aspects of LA I want is driving me insane :auto:.

I didn't like the CLE reading lightunits for grades 1-3. We started with CLE reading 4 using both the reader and lightunits and there were none of those marks so no problems for us.

They were pretty excessive. We used to use R&S Phonics. Those made sense. These are really intense. So by the time I got half way through 2, we just skipped it all and dd pretty much knew most of it anyway. I think they're important, but these were too much IMO.

You can skip without hassle and phonics work pretty much ends in 2.

• 1 month later...