Menu

What is your favorite Language Arts Curriculum?

mystika1

Hi,

Another LA question.

I am still trying to figure out what I want to use long term for LA. I am currently using Kiss Grammar and AAS along with the usual copywork and phonics readers(for my 7 year old dd)and it is working pretty well but...I would like a semi-do-it-all curriculum that has upper levels.(I plan to stick with AAS for spelling) I really don't want to have to search each year something to use to cover it all. I also want to make sure that I am covering the correct material. My dd didn't like CLE LA as we need to spend more time on material before we move on. At the same time, FLL was waaaayyyy to slllllllllllllooooooooooowwww.:glare: I could keep on with Kiss and AAS but I know we will need to stack up other stuff later to make it complete so I may as well switch now.

If I would use something like Rod and Staff English along with AAS would that be enough each year as far as coverage for LA?

or

What is your favorite LA?

Thanks,

Penny

Even though we are only 1/2 way through the first "year", I love Michael Clay Thompson's language arts program. We are doing the Island level and love it. We still do AAS (and Writing w/Ease and First Language Lessons) because I want the reinforcement. But, in time, we will finish WWE and FLL (as well as AAS), and more than likely MCT will be our main L/A curriculum.

Loving MCT here as well.

My daughter is a big fan, too!!

That's one of the things that has me sold on MCT - not only do I love it, and feel it is an incredible program academically, but the boys love to do it too. They can't get enough of reading about Mud right now in Sentence Island, and they love doing Practice Island on the chalkboard every day.