Menu

Warning rant!!!!!

I am just so frustrated reading about people getting ripped off here. I was a victim recently. It was not a huge amount of money, but still frustrating. I emailed and pm'd several times. Gave many chances to just send the $ back with no harm done. I do understand that people fall on hard times. Here is the kicker, I get on the forums and see that the person is still posting. No apology, remorse, nothing. ugh!!!!!!!!!! Some people have no class!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by mom2denj

I totally understand your frustration! I started buying and selling on another website probably close to 10 years ago now, and never had any problems for years. Same with this site and another website. Unfortunately, once the dishonest people realize there is a great place to try to get easy money, they move in with force. I remember the first time I saw a warning on another website about a person who kept selling and not sending items. It is really sad that people who want to take advantage of people find these opportunities and ruin it for everyone else. I have had two scams just this last week from someone wanting to buy something I had posted on another website, but they had described what the person would do and I was fortunate enough to recognize their M.O. and not get involved.

All that being said, I have bought and sold literally hundreds of things since starting homeschooling and even though I have been burned maybe a half a dozen times, there have been many many more times when everything has gone perfectly. Through the years it has really hurt when I've lost $, but have learned to try to look at the big picture and try to see all the good people instead of the lost $ (which isn't always easy, but still a good goal!!!)

Edited by Kelly in IL

I want to apologize, I do not mean to make people nervous. I have had many many good experiences here buying and selling. I am just frustrated at the moment. MOST people here are honest. I just hope that people are rating the dishonest ones.

I also want to clarify that this person is still posting messages, not posting in the for sale forum, as far as I can tell.

Edited by mom2denj

I am just so frustrated reading about people getting ripped off here. I was a victim recently. It was not a huge amount of money, but still frustrating. I emailed and pm'd several times. Gave many chances to just send the $ back with no harm done. I do understand that people fall on hard times. Here is the kicker, I get on the forums and see that the person is still posting. No apology, remorse, nothing. ugh!!!!!!!!!! Some people have no class!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.:tongue_smilie:

A person here? There is a way. Go to this person's public profile and leave feedback. I don't know exactly how to do it since I don't bother with the buying and selling of curriculum on message boards. I'm sure someone will know how it is done. You might have to PM a mod for instructions.

is there any place where there is a list of people on this forum that have been dishonest? I haven't had any problems yet, here, but now I am VERY nervous. I just bought a lot of stuff from 2 different people...I certainly don't want to have to worry about whether or not the items will arrive...

If you are going to buy from someone here, click their public profile and see their feedback rating before you ever enter into a transaction.

A person here? There is a way. Go to this person's public profile and leave feedback. I don't know exactly how to do it since I don't bother with the buying and selling of curriculum on message boards. I'm sure someone will know how it is done. You might have to PM a mod for instructions.

I did leave feedback. Hopefully it will help someone else.

For people's general knowledge (I see the OP already left feedback): you go to their profile, to their feedback, click "view all feedbacks for..." and then click "submit a feedback for..."

am i the only one who'd be calling her out in public?

mehhhh. maybe i'm just mean. :boxing_smiley:

It would probably get deleted. There is already a mechanism in place for dealing with it without creating a bunch of drama. People just need to check people's feedback.