Menu

NaNoWriMo...are your kids participating?

momtolgd

I just signed up my kids for this and they are excited! Wondering who else will be writing in November? :bigear:

What about you? Can you take on the 50,000 word challenge? I'm undecided if I am going to try it! :001_huh:

Does anyone know if there will be a way to have the novels printed in book form this year? The kids were asking but I couldn't find anything that said it for 2010.

As part of English yesterday, we read the Young Writer's Program part of the NaNoWriMo website. Dd decided she wants to participate! She writes everyday for fun :) I'm going to print out the middle school workbook for her so that she can work on some of those pre-writing activities during October.

I am NOT going to participate. The idea of writing creatively makes me want to poke out my eyes :lol: She definitely gets this from dh!

I was going to have DSD participate but after going though the first few pages of the workbook I think I'd better wait for next year. I don't want her to not enjoy it and be turned off of writing at this early of an age.

If anyone has any ideas for NaNoMoWri for kids too young for the elementary school workbook, I'd like to hear them.

My ten year old daughter will be participating. She is trying to get her Christmas presents made now so she can dedicate as much time as possible to writing in November. She plans to make writing her career, so NaNoWriMo is right up her alley. The rest of the family (me included) prefer to be on the sidelines cheering her on. :)