Menu

No wonder I can't find clothes to fit my 4 yo dd!

My mom is sewing her a Halloween Costume this year (Belle!). I just took her measurements and she measures a size 2 in waist and chest. Right between a 3 and 4 in height. And, a 6 in back height (base of neck to waist).

Another one of life's mysteries has been solved!

That's why my DD lives in Hanna Andersson dresses and capris or leggings :D

That's why my DD lives in Hanna Andersson dresses and capris or leggings :D

Oh yes!! We love those!

Just a thought, it has been my experience that commercial sizing and pattern sizing do not always match up well.

I know. But, just the fact that there's such a discrepancy in her sizes is telling. We have her living mostly in dresses as nothing else fits right!

We just bought winter clothing for my dd3. The shirts I found to fit her ranged anywhere from a size 4T to an 8, depending on how they were cut. Pants were almost impossible - 6x capris were perfect length, 5 regulars were way too long, and 4s were perfect except straddle. Finally I went to the boys department for jeans where she fit into a 4T perfectly. Then I had to go buy iron on patches and rhinestones to make them more girly LOL.

They lived in Lands End dresses and leggings/tights. It was so hard to get them clothes. I would get so frustrated of trying to shop with 3 kids for an entire day and get nothing. After one really bad trip I decided I would just break down and buy the Lands End stuff.

Now that they are grown it can still be hard to get them clothes. My one dd only fits in Gap jeans. She needs their talls and wears a size 2. My other dd has trouble getting tops to fit. I told her she is going to have to learn how to alter her clothes.

Wow! My 11-month-old weighs over 25!

I know! She's such a tiny thing. Well, not really. She's just a little short when compared to others her age. But, everything about her is TINY! Her wrists, her waist, her chest, etc. Luckily, I have a wonderful doctor who is looking at HER and not at the scales. She IS gaining. Just VERY slowly. It makes finding clothes really hard!