Menu

Shoe problems--anyone have trouble finding ones that fit well?

I am having a terrible time finding good walking/running (I don't run though) shoes that fit and feel comfortable for 2-4 mile walks.

I went to a specialty running store and came home with some men's New Balance running shoes that fit my left foot the BEST ever--and I have ankle pain in that foot........but my left foot started hurting in the ball of my foot.

Yesterday I went back to the store with those those and they took them back--even though they were worn 3-4 times. I then proceeded to try on 2-+ pairs of shoes after they measured me and watched me walk, etc. Seemed like they would fit one foot or the other but not both. I tried on many different brands and styles with no regard to price.

I finally came home with a pair of Addidas shoes that fit my right foot great but now my ankle on the left foot is hurting. If the shoes were even close to the same color/style I would consider buying 2 pairs and wearing mismatched shoes (I generally walk with friends out in our rural area so no one would really care) but these are vastly different in color and style---and would cost about $200 to do this.

Any ideas for me? I have a medium wide foot so that many women's styles are too narrow but men's might be too wide. I need a deeper shoe, esp. in the heel area. My arch is funky so I often run into problems where it hits me wrong.

I may end up bringing these back tomorrow and getting a 1/2 size smaller in the first pair I bought and hope the right foot (ball of foot) doesn't hurt much as those really fit the left ankle very well.

Does anyone else have such trouble with shoes? Would custom orthodics help?

I do have trouble finding shoes that fit my feet. My feet are wide at the ball and narrow at the heal. If I buy a wide shoe, the box fits but the heal slips. If I buy a regular shoe, the heal fits and the toe pinches. Dress shoes are the worst offenders. I cannot wear them (good thing I am a tomboy:lol:)

I have found the Keen brand fits my feet perfectly. They are expensive, but worth it. I have 1 pair of their sandels, 1 pair of their brown leather dress/casual, and one pair of tennis shoes. They last forever and are the best investment I have ever made. The only time I will buy a different brand of shoe is if I am forced into an even where I have to wear a dress shoe.

I have started wearing shoes from the Walking Company despite their expense, because they're the only ones that fit me. I get inserts -- not custom so far -- that support my ankles and keep them from rolling inward. For the first time in years, my heels and the balls of my feet don't hurt; and the inserts seem to help with the problem of feet being slightly different size/shape. I have exactly two pairs of shoes and alternate them each day.

I have an incredibly hard time finding shoes that fit and are comfortable. I currently own a pair of Land's End sandles and a pair of Dearform croc style slippers. I am thinking that I will need some really shoes before winter but I am not looking forward to shopping for them.

I also have a hard time finding jeans and bras that fit hence my propensity to wear pjs and a t-shirt all day.

I do have trouble finding shoes that fit my feet. My feet are wide at the ball and narrow at the heal. If I buy a wide shoe, the box fits but the heal slips. If I buy a regular shoe, the heal fits and the toe pinches. Dress shoes are the worst offenders. I cannot wear them (good thing I am a tomboy:lol:)

I have found the Keen brand fits my feet perfectly. They are expensive, but worth it. I have 1 pair of their sandels, 1 pair of their brown leather dress/casual, and one pair of tennis shoes. They last forever and are the best investment I have ever made. The only time I will buy a different brand of shoe is if I am forced into an even where I have to wear a dress shoe.

We have the same feet! I love Keens but had no idea they made a tennis shoe. I went to Famous Footwear and tried on oh, 25 pairs of shoes before I finally found a pair that fit. They were from the brand Avia and only cost $23! That was probably the first time in my life I chose the cheapest thing rather than the most expensive. :tongue_smilie: