Menu

Good News!

The $800 car MIL was planning to buy turned out to be a p.o.s (like I predicted it would be). She's now decided that the accident and p.o.s car is God telling her not to drive anymore. So, according to the phone call last night, she's off the road.

Wolf went through a bit of foot stomping..."Yeah, don't listen to your SON about anything, she needs the Angel Gabriel to show up with a flaming sword..." He had suggested in the first call that perhaps the car being written off was a sign that it was time to give up driving. Nah, couldn't be! *sigh*

So, relief for now...until the next $800 car crosses her path, anyways. :glare:

You laugh, but its true more than not. Unless she convinces herself that ____ is a message from God, its her way or forget it.

She was appalled when we got pregnant with Princess, even telling me that God told her we were supposed to adopt, not have another. :glare: I told her that I guessed God had changed His mind, and forgot to mention it to her.

My mom's going through a similar situation with my g-g'ma. She finally got her to go to the Dr. and get hearing aids. G-g'ma didn't want them because "they were for old people". Um, grandma, you're 93. I think that qualifies as "old people"!

LOL! MIL mentioned she does errands for elderly, who can't drive. I replied, "And you're 83. You don't qualify?" Ah, but she drove, so that didn't count.

I have this ominous feeling in the pit of my stomach that there's something else coming down the line w/her. If I had to guess, it would be the announcement that she wants to move in now.

*sigh*

You laugh, but its true more than not. Unless she convinces herself that ____ is a message from God, its her way or forget it.

She was appalled when we got pregnant with Princess, even telling me that God told her we were supposed to adopt, not have another. :glare: I told her that I guessed God had changed His mind, and forgot to mention it to her.

No, I laugh from having read all the past threads and having my own NPD MIL. Really, honestly, I WISH the Angel Gabriel (or Michael) would show up and set those two in their place.

LOL! MIL mentioned she does errands for elderly, who can't drive. I replied, "And you're 83. You don't qualify?" Ah, but she drove, so that didn't count.

I have this ominous feeling in the pit of my stomach that there's something else coming down the line w/her. If I had to guess, it would be the announcement that she wants to move in now.

*sigh*

horrified-thumb.jpg

*sigh*

Oh my gosh. She reminds me too much of my MIL and I got chills down my spine when I read that. JUST SAY NO. :001_smile: