Menu

Critique my 2nd grade plan please

parias1126

I need some help on this please. My DD 8 is repeating 2nd this year. She had a hard time last year and we just discovered recently that her main problem for not seeing math symbols, not picking up on reading, etc was because she needed glasses for a fee different issues. Turned out she has astigmatism in her right eye, is extremely far sighted, and has focusing issues. I feel like such a bad mommy for not noticing this sooner!I need to get her caught up now that she has her new glasses.

LA - AAS 1 (I also have 2 since I assume she will complete 1 pretty quickly)

GWG2

Cursive handwriting workbook (can't think of the name at the moment)

ETC ( starting with book 5)

Lots of books we will just pick and choose throughout the year

WWE 2 (we completed 1 last year)

Math - CLE 2

Science - REAL Science Odyssey

History/Geograpy - Galloping the Globe

She is still reading at Frog and Toad level, Billy and Blaze, or Breyer chapter books. Any reading suggestions would also be helpful.

Looks pretty good to me :) Here is the list of books my ds will be reading for second grade. We are doing American History this year, so they mostly go with that theme, but it might be helpful to you. http://bobandabbies.blogspot.com/p/busters-second-grade-reading-list.html

Some other books he has enjoyed are Frog and Toad, Owl at Home, Oscar Otter, Mouse tales, Mouse soup etc.

Sounds good to me! I'm not too far off for 2nd grade DS

Saxon Math/MM (we're in transition)

AAS 1 (have 2 as well)

R&S Grammar---he doesn't like it, so we'll see if we jump ship to EG or GWG

WriteShop Primary B & WWE 1

OPG (1/2 way thru for review) & ETC (I started on bk 2, which he's done with in 3 wks for review)

Daily Geography

SOTW 3

RS4K Pre Level 1 Chem right now...when we're done, we may go to RSO b/c we want more experiments!

Memory Work

LOTS of reading!! Daily Poems, Pathway Readers, science books, history books, scuba books, whatever non-fiction he wants to get him reading more! He also like MTH for fiction.

Edited by golfcartmama
forgot math

Thank you all for all the great replies. I guess I just worry too much since I have never had to deal with a struggling reader before. I have homeschooled for almost 9 years now, but never started from the beginning as I did with my youngers. My oldest already knew how to read, write, etc. when I pulled her out of the PS in 2nd grade.