Menu

? for MOH 2 users

OnTheBrink

We loved both Vols! My son is desperately awaiting the release of Vol. 3, hopefully around the end of May. The lessons in Vol. 2 are longer and more detailed than Vol. 1, because much more is known about the time period. Since ds was only 2nd grade when we did Vol. 2 we took 2 days on some lessons so as not to overwhelm him. But we definitely enjoyed it as much as Vol. 1.

HTH!

We liked it more. It is "meatier" and covers historical Christians I'd never heard of, and I was raised in a Christian home by well-read parents. It was really delightful to discover those who took the Gospel far and wide in the earliest years after Christ's resurrection.

We didn't like MOH2, but MOH1 was great for us. I cannot put my finger on what was wrong with 2; all I know is the girls were not retaining anything, and even I was dreadfully bored. We switched back to SOTW2, rearranged by continent, plus lots of extra books.

I did not like vol 2. We adored vol 1 and were very excited to use vol 2, but it just fell flat for us. For me, it was too much church history. I understand the premise of needing to know much detail of the catholic church in order to understand the reformation movement and such. But, I really found it very heavy handed. We switched to SOTW vol 2 and enjoyed it - to a degree. My oldest found it talked down to her too much. It glossed over too much we wanted to spend more time covering. So, what we did was combine the 2 along with Streams of Civilization vol 1 and lots of readers. Streams is dry and was not used as a primary resource for my youngest, but it was invaluable as a reference tool.