Menu

WWE instructor text necessary with student workbook?

guateangel

If your library (or a friend) has "The Complete Writer" (the instructor text) I would borrow it and read it to get an overview of the philosophy behind the program. Then, you can also decide if you want to pull your own passages from your history and science and such (great because it means reading doesn't have to be a seperate subject!). If so, buy the text. If not, go ahead and buy the workbook and it's then all laid out for you.

I own both and find reading through the overall philosophy and remembering what I'm trying to accomplish every once in a while to be very helpful. But, it's not necessary to own it. I keep thinking when we finish WWE2 (we're on week 27 of the workbook) I'll pull from our history studies to do WWE3 but my time is always so limited.....

I have also found the writing lectures on peacehillpress.com to be very helpful, I put them on my mp3 to listen to occasionally as I make dinner or clean house. It's been very helpful as I have more time for cleaning than reading.:tongue_smilie:

Sorry, long answer to a short question. HTH:D

So I am slightly confused. I borrowed the txt from the library and saw that the first week is laid out and the other weeks say just follow that system. Im not confident with my abilities to do this.

I know theres a workbook. Does the workbook do all that so that I dont need to figure out my own 3 weeks (meaning they say week 1 do this weeks 3-5 make your own)?

also do we write directly into the workbook?

thinking i can borrow the txt as needed and work with the workbook only and save some cash. so is what I said above about it being all in there instead of me finding paragraphs and sentences etc, is it all in the workbook?

I know theres a workbook. Does the workbook do all that so that I dont need to figure out my own 3 weeks (meaning they say week 1 do this weeks 3-5 make your own)? also do we write directly into the workbook?

Exactly. With the workbook, all 36 weeks are laid out for you and scripted; you write right in the notebook. You don't have to figure anything out. Easy peasy.

You don't need the hardback text unless you want a look at the overview of the whole program. I borrowed it from the library then gave it back.