Menu

Itching and weight loss

Anything that you don't normally eat can cause a reaction...for that matter one's body can suddenly have a reaction to a common food too. And yes, my hives have lasted a couple days before finally subsiding. Try a benadryl and if it doesn't start to go away, I'd see an allergist. Something (probably diet related) is causing the itchiness.

Are you eating a lot more fresh veggies? If I don't clean them well they will make me itch like crazy. I figure I must be allergic to some pesticide or something else that gets sprayed on the veggies. I take all fresh veggies and soak them in a/c vinegar and water in a salad spinner. I soak them for about 5 minutes, rinse and spin dry. As long as I always do that, I'm fine. It's something I really notice when I'm watching what I eat. I can't afford to only buy organic fruits and veggies, but I find that as long as they are well washed then I'm not itchy. Good luck

Melissa

I broke out in Hives earlier this summer. Never happened before. I was seeing an allergist for something else that week, so I asked him about it.

His response was that you just have to be a detective and figure out what is new in your life. Food, lotion, medicine..and stop it and see if the hives go away. So I did. I am pretty sure it was some new face cream I had tried, but unless I am willing to try it again we will never know for sure. I am good with that.

Anything that you don't normally eat can cause a reaction...for that matter one's body can suddenly have a reaction to a common food too. And yes, my hives have lasted a couple days before finally subsiding. Try a benadryl and if it doesn't start to go away, I'd see an allergist. Something (probably diet related) is causing the itchiness.

Strawberries are the only thing I can think of that I've eaten different. But, the itching started before that. Just not nearly as bad. Benadryl isn't helping and that's why assumed it was because I was losing weight. I figured maybe the skin was shrinking and maybe that's why it itches.

Are you eating a lot more fresh veggies? If I don't clean them well they will make me itch like crazy. I figure I must be allergic to some pesticide or something else that gets sprayed on the veggies. I take all fresh veggies and soak them in a/c vinegar and water in a salad spinner. I soak them for about 5 minutes, rinse and spin dry. As long as I always do that, I'm fine. It's something I really notice when I'm watching what I eat. I can't afford to only buy organic fruits and veggies, but I find that as long as they are well washed then I'm not itchy. Good luck

Melissa

I'm not eating more vegetables, just less sweets. :D I'm usually pretty good with vegetables, but the strawberries I ate were not organic, I rinsed them, but probably not that well. I usually eat organic, but I bought these because they were tiny. I love little strawberries.

I broke out in Hives earlier this summer. Never happened before. I was seeing an allergist for something else that week, so I asked him about it.

His response was that you just have to be a detective and figure out what is new in your life. Food, lotion, medicine..and stop it and see if the hives go away. So I did. I am pretty sure it was some new face cream I had tried, but unless I am willing to try it again we will never know for sure. I am good with that.

This is what I'm worried about. I can't think of anything new. I'm concerned that I'm developing an allergy to something that I've been using like detergent or body wash, or maybe something random like nail polish. Could it be nail polish?! The more I scratch, the more I itch.

Itching can also be causes by certain vitamin deficiencies - vitamin B and A are the most common. You said that you are eating better - does that mean less? or does that mean more nutritionally balanced? Look at the vitamin content of the foods you take or supplements if you take any.

Itching can also be caused by fungus or a problem like yeast. If you are eating better and are having a yeast die-off, then you might be more itchy. Are you taking probiotics?

Itching can also be causes by certain vitamin deficiencies - vitamin B and A are the most common. You said that you are eating better - does that mean less? or does that mean more nutritionally balanced? Look at the vitamin content of the foods you take or supplements if you take any.

Itching can also be caused by fungus or a problem like yeast. If you are eating better and are having a yeast die-off, then you might be more itchy. Are you taking probiotics?

I am eating less, but mostly I just cut out so many sweets. I ate pretty good before, it's the sugars that I have lessened.

With the yeast, it was naturally occuring, but now is lessening because of the lack of sugar, so it's causing the itch? Wouldn't I smell yeasty? Wouldn't I have a yeast infection? I'm not taking any probiotics, but I will start today. The itching is pretty much isolated to my breasts and sides today.

I am eating less, but mostly I just cut out so many sweets. I ate pretty good before, it's the sugars that I have lessened.

With the yeast, it was naturally occuring, but now is lessening because of the lack of sugar, so it's causing the itch? Wouldn't I smell yeasty? Wouldn't I have a yeast infection? I'm not taking any probiotics, but I will start today. The itching is pretty much isolated to my breasts and sides today.

If you've backed away from sugar significantly and are itching, I definitely vote for yeast die-off. No, you wouldn't necessarily smell yeasty or have a YI, but can have BAD skin itchies (I did). Probiotics should help; virgin coconut oil and apple cider vinegar (with the mother) added to your diet (like in salads) can also really help fight off the yeast. :grouphug: