Menu

Shopping for outdoor furniture....a few questions

Workers just finished our new patio, and we are shopping for an outdoor table and chairs and a small sitting area (probably a loveseat and two comfy chairs).

Do you have cushions on your outdoor furniture? If so, do you have outdoor pets? Is the hair a problem?

Also, do you leave the cushions out all of the time? Store them in a bin and then get them out when you want to use them? If you leave them out, how long does it take them to dry?

My husband wants furniture with cushions, but I'm really wondering how it will work.

Any thoughts, ideas, warnings, input would be appreciated. We're leaving at 3:00 to go shopping and I just found out we're thinking in two different directions. I thought we were looking for plain wrought iron....

I love cushions but we have sudden rain showers in Dallas so leaving the cushions out didn't work out for us. We also don't have a good place to store cushions, (two car garage and spiders in our storage shed). Our patio furniture is the type that doesn't need cushions.

I'm sure you've gone shopping but...

We have cast aluminum furniture (Hanamint).

We have cushions and leave them out 3/4 of the year because it generally only rains here in the winter. Our dogs spend time on the furniture but I've never noticed dog hair on the outdoor furniture.

My sister in PA has the same cast aluminum table and chairs and she doesn't have cushions and she likes is just as well.

We've decided to go this route: http://www.breezesta.com/outdoor-furniture-dining.php

Our local pool and spa carries this line. It is very comfortable.

I really like the look of this set! I also think dh could like this without cushions.

Kitten18 - I saw a Hanamint set I liked too.

Thanks everyone for your input!

We didn't get to go shopping when we wanted b/c a huge storm came through with hail. It delayed our departure, so we only had about an hour until stores closed. We'll go tomorrow after church.

Jennifer, I hadn't even considered teak, but I'll definitely take a look.

Thanks again!

• 8 months later...
Guest Ramon

Take this offer as soon as possible...for your convenience i can share the positive points of wrought iron patio furniture...

1. Wrought iron patio furniture looks great in any setting and can be used on decks, porches, yards, and pool sides.

2. Wrought iron patio sets give you the chance to enjoy meals outdoors with family and friends. The weather-resistant material will look beautiful for years.

3. There's something about a wrought iron patio chair that adds a classic touch to your yard. Wrought iron chairs have been used for centuries and still haven't lost their charm.

4. Wrought iron patio tables are guaranteed to give any patio a grand look. Many feature umbrella holes so you're ready for some shade.

5. Outdoor iron patio furniture can last for years if well maintained. Even better, its classic look never goes out of style.

Guest Jack01

The types of outdoor furniture available these days are extensive and wonderful. It is really nice to have outdoor furniture for your garden; it will definitely make your house look elegant. With the help of internet one can find various types of outdoor furniture and can decide which one to buy.

Our next door neighbors had a plastic box on their porch that they would store the cushions in when not in use. That seemed to work great for them. Our new set is under cover and we have screen around it. We don't have cushions, but it is a table and chairs. The chairs are really comfortable. They are a cloth on a metal frame.

Yep, and they soaked up rain water like a sponge. But....they were so nice when the weather cooperated. Enjoy your new space!

I love cushions but we finally got rid of them. We live in a high pollen area during the spring and I spent more time washing the pollen off than we did sitting on them.