Menu

Computer time; care to share how you manage it?

I'm thinking that I better have a plan in place when school starts in 2 and a half weeks. How do you manage your personal computer time? Do you schedule a certain amount of time? Set a timer? Stay off until lunch?

I'm probably better off to not even turn on the computer until lunch time but that seems like cruel and unusual punishment after a summer of breakfast with the boards.

I leave an hour to "wake up" in the morning. I surf a bit, drink a Dr. Pepper, get dressed and try to find a decent mood. Then I'll check it a bit at lunch. After dinner everyone in the house gets screen time. I might check a bit if I have some free time but that's the usual schedule.

During the school year, I usually try to just check my e-mail in the morning and then I try to wait until after dinner to spend some time on the boards. This is usually pretty easy for me because I am so busy during the school year I often don't have time to check in until at least after dinner.

During the summer, I spend way too much time on here.

Lisa

I cannot get online in the morning during the school year at all. Last year I would get on at lunch break, but that would make lunch stretch on and on.:tongue_smilie:

This year, we have a schedule. The schedule doesn't have much room for personal computer time - maybe 1/2 hour a day.

I don't have a schedule, really, which is probably not good. It all depends on what I need to do for the day. I was at a loss about what to do for my kids for history this morning and found some good information that has shifted the course of the day, so I like checking in here and there, even if it isn't necessarily the optimal time (school was supposed to start 10 minutes ago - better get off now!). :001_smile:

I do whatever I want. I have always been a morning with the board person (this board mostly now but other boards through the last 15+ years).

My kids were limited when younger. We tried a variety of strategies. Blah. As teens, I think it's best they learn to figure it out. My daughter is, this moment, sitting next to me, on her own board. My son did some schoolwork earlier. I'm sure they'll be on the computer plenty today.