Menu

It's early yet, but I just have to say it. . .

Kidlit

we're off to a GREAT start!!! :D:D:D

We started school on Monday, and granted, we're just doing 1st grade and K-4 (for lack of a better descriptor), but I was REALLY nervous since this is our first time schooling with an infant in the house. The girls are learning, we're getting *almost* everything on the schedule done, and I'm NOT going crazy! :tongue_smilie::D

Anybody else having a good first week?

ME!!! Its my first year and I have a 3rd grader and a K4, plus a two year old running around. I jumped head first into a full schedule and we are loving it. My kids have been begging to start forever. We'll see how it all goes when we lose our excitement :tongue_smilie:

We started Monday too and I must say that our first day of 2nd grade was a nightmare. I thought about it though and it was all about him testing the limits, and walking the discipline line. I held firm even though I wanted to knock either him or me out..:001_smile: and today went fantastic. So I can only guess what tomorrow will bring. I am very happy with our curriculum choices and I adore these kids 99% of the time, so I think we are just working out the kinks.

We started on Monday but only 1/2 of our books.....Thought we would try starting easy this year....so far so good and my ds and dd8 are both actually doing their math with very little complaints! YEAH! Although, I know that it won't last, I will enjoy it as long as I have it!

We are trying a more relaxed approach but with a schedule. Hopefully, that will make a difference!

Let's all check back next week and see how it goes! :)

Edited by bearnpurple

We started up, too, and I'm really pleased with our quick math review. All those units topics I felt he had such a thready grip on are not so misty to him, he has announced he wants cooking and sewing lessons (along with archery), and he is reading Ribsy aloud to me.