Menu

dryer issue

Our dryer broke last week. The landlord brought another one over today. They brought a used dryer, that is about 4 years old. It was not their dryer, but a strangers, either free or cheap. The dryer bangs on every turn, not to mention the filter was not cleaned, and it has a very strong dryer sheet odor. How does one complain about something like this? "Oh by the way this dryer has issues." I find it odd they didn't get a new one because dryers are not that expensive, the previous one was 17 years old. Really? If Ihad known it would be a used one from anyone's ad, I could have done that myself and saved them the hassle. I am so disappointed. The smell is just making me sick. I hate to complain, I am not complaining about the smell but the banging.

I'd complain.

Just say this one is broken & makes a terrible noise when running.

BTW, I can understand why a landlord would try an older, used model. The older appliances are actually way more durable. I have a Maytag set which came with the house. I'm sure it's over 20 years old & yet it still works well.

The ones we had in our condo we were repairing ALL the time & I suspect they died altogether soon after we sold the place.

I'm all for old appliances - they have parts which you can repair & replace at reasonable cost, & they're durable. The new ones, with all their fancy computer displays & microchips & programs are just too complicated & don't have a good life expectancy anyway.

I sent an email informing them of the problem, and asked which repairman they prefer. Sometimes repairs cost more than the appliance is worth. So far all appliances have been replaced except the washing maching. Not to mention they even had to dig a new well. So I don't like to bother her with anything new.

Wow- in all my years renting (in both NY and PA) before I finally became a homeowner just a few short years ago, I NEVER had a landlord provide a washing machine or dryer. We did the laundromat thing for quite some time before finally finding an apartment that had enough space for us to go buy our own washer and dryer. I'd be happy they provided one at all lol. But if they're willing to replace it again because of a smell or a noise or whatever, that's great!

We gave our washer & dryer away when we moved here since the appliances were already here. We were suprised too, but the appliance here were all old, and have broken one by one, plus the well went dry too. There are issues with this house, it is not perfect, but it is a roof over our head, and the best we can do at the moment.