Menu

Another Bread Making Question

Like I mentioned in my last bread making thread, I want to start baking my own bread at home. Any suggestions of the type and size of the loaf pan? I'd like it to be the same size as store bought sandwich bread. Also, any recommendations for a baking stone? TIA.

Like I mentioned in my last bread making thread, I want to start baking my own bread at home. Any suggestions of the type and size of the loaf pan? I'd like it to be the same size as store bought sandwich bread. Also, any recommendations for a baking stone? TIA.

I have Pampered Chef Stoneware loaf pans. I love them. I think they make nice standard size of sandwich bread. :D

I have a glass and a silicone one. Both are good; the glass gives more of a crispy crust than the silicone, and I have to stick the silicone inside a metal pan of the same size, or the rising dough will make it misshapen, but it's easy to get the loaf out of. :)

Norpro

The dark/nonstick make my crust too dark.

I like the stainless.

Ditto on the stainless. Try to get square edges. The bread looks cool :) and that's important, you know! LOL More importantly, the crust won't be too brown or too light, either. Just right. I don't like glass - crust gets too dark and thick, and I've had release issues without heavily greasing (glass actually has a "grippiness" due to unseen roughness).

I am on my second Pampered Chef stone, and when (not if) this one breaks, I'm going to switch to this FibraMent stone. I know I could return it, but with moving so often, who would I return it to? I bought it two duty stations back...

Edited by BikeBookBread