Menu

Mama Bear is rearing her protective head...

Tween girls. Hate them. Except my daughter, of course, who is an angel of utmost perfection ;). Honestly, though, she is generally very loving and sweet and can't figure out why one of her closest friends would suddenly decide she's not worth the time of day.

How many years of this do we have? Please tell me I will survive. :ack2:

Guest ME-Mommy

I don't know...my 17 year old has been going through this same thing for the past few years...on again, off again...it drives me INSANE.

I guess it doesn't help that her Daddy and I are Youth Group Leaders...she's been "taking one for the team" at least once a week for the past 2 years and didn't say anything about it until 2 weeks ago. :001_huh:

I'm sorry for your dd. I remember those days. I hated being that age. :grouphug:

But at least she's a little insulated from the mass trauma because she doesn't have to spend 7 hours a day, every day, for months on end with all of them.

Unfortunately, it's just a rough lesson to have to learn about life. I wish it wasn't so, though. Hug her and love her and help her mend her hurt feelings, but I would encourage her to work it out on her own with this girl; if they've been friends for a long time, hopefully it's just a misunderstanding possibly being blown out of proportion by a third party.

I really dread all the girlfriend stuff that goes on in later years. My two girls are only 6 and 3 right now, so we have a few years ahead of us....but I dread that drama that seems to come with girlfriends. I hope we can avoid it....good luck to us on that one, huh?

I don't know...my 17 year old has been going through this same thing for the past few years...on again, off again...it drives me INSANE.

I guess it doesn't help that her Daddy and I are Youth Group Leaders...she's been "taking one for the team" at least once a week for the past 2 years and didn't say anything about it until 2 weeks ago. :001_huh:

oh...ouch and double ouch. For everyone.