Menu

What is this style of furniture called?

Our mission church just purchased a house that came with this furniture in it. We don't need it so will be selling it. I know nothing about furniture styles -- does it have a name? Also, do you have a suggestion for how much we should ask for the whole set (king bed with pretty new boxspring and mattress, large dresser with mirror, smaller dresser and side table)? It's all in very good condition. Any help at all would be appreciated!

post-4372-13535083710279_thumb.jpg

post-4372-13535083710279_thumb.jpg

The word that jumped out at me was Colonial Style.

Are you planning on having a tag sale in the house? Then I would price the set at $900 with the goal of getting $500 for all the pieces.

If I was listing on Craigs List I would list it for what I was willing to accept for it.

I don't know of a style but I would just list is as a "King bedroom furniture-solid dark wood: bed frame with mattress/box, large dresser w/ mirror, small dresser, side table w/doors, side table with large drawer"

If you are using craigslist I would include a pix. If it is a news paper I would add the year of manufacture (check the back of the pieces for a paper that may be stapled to identify it. I would guess circa 1970-1980. You may add a description like scalloped edges, rosette detail, thick/solid wood, 4' tall-4 poster bed, etc.

Also check to see if the drawers are solid as well and if they are dove tailed joints. This speaks to the quality of the piece. Cheaper manufacturers don't use real wood if it won't be seen.