Menu

How far do you go when you don't receive an item from a seller?

I purchased a set of books from another board and have yet to receive it.

The lady has deleted her e-mail addy---she is on this board but is only a visitor...I tried to post a negative on her, but since it wasn't on this board I couldn't..or I don't know how.

I pulled her name and city up on searchbug and found her with her phone number.

How far would you go? I am out $$ and now have to purchase more books.

You would call them??

I just called the P.O. and they said since I paid via paypal that I need to go through them. They suggested I file a police report. Maybe I could tell her that as well.

Would I call the FL police or here in Ga?

I actually called a lady once. It was a bizarre transaction in that I asked (and paid) for expedited shipping. I needed the materials ASAP for our co-op. They didn't arrive...I e-mailed, but no response...I finally looked her up online and found a phone number. She was totally shocked that I called, had planned to send them but just hadn't gotten around to it yet, and could not understand why I felt that my extra expense in shipping was wasted! Long story short, she got them in the mail right away.

If I were you, I'd call her...might make you feel better :-)

I've contacted a seller by phone before. Back in the day you could request (and receive) contact information for a seller on ebay. I would definitely handle through Paypal and if you decide to mail a letter, send certified. Good luck!

I would handle thru paypal first before your allotted days to report are expired. You can also call her local police department or sherrifs department to file a report. I have a friend that was able to file a report with the FBI for an internet sale like yours. I forget how the FBI classified it, but they took it very seriously.

And, let the moderators and owners of the other website know what is happening. They may be able or willing to block her so she can't do this to someone else.