Menu

Umbrella School for TN?

hi.

I'm looking for any advice, reviews, comments, or any other helpful info that can point me to a great umbrella school in TN. We live in IL, but will (hopefully) be moving before the end of the school year (2010-2011). We most likely will still be here when the school year starts.

I did find a list of umbrella schools, but it wasn't all of them and I'm not sure how to go about checking them out.

Any thoughts? I'd prefer christian, but am not closed-minded.

:bigear:

Homelife Academy is definitely the best! We've been with them since we moved to Tennessee four years ago, and have had only positive experiences. Everything is done online. They're very quick to respond when you have a question or when you need them to submit paperwork. And they guide you, but also let you do your own thing. We're entering 11th grade this year, and they went over her classes so far and made sure we weren't missing anything and were on target to graduate. Very helpful. I also love their portfolio option as it helps keep up with all the extracurricular type activities which comes in handy for scholarship applications.

I have a lot of friends with Gateway and have heard a lot of horror stories of people getting ready to graduate and Gateway throws them a curve. They're also not known for their quick responses.

A lot of people here use Franklin Classical School since it's local and I haven't heard anything bad, but I haven't heard anyone rave, either.

Actually, ALL umbrella schools in TN are Christian. HomeLife Academy is one of the few that does not require a statement of faith from their member families. They have a statement of ethics instead.

I have found them to be very easy to work with and very responsive. We've used them for 7 years.

Pegasus

Franklin Classical is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I'm attending a Franklin Classical's teacher training conference this week and it has been the BEST conference I've attended!!!

If you'll be on the southern side of Nashville, consider FCS!

Interesting, I'll look into that one as well.

Actually, ALL umbrella schools in TN are Christian. HomeLife Academy is one of the few that does not require a statement of faith from their member families. They have a statement of ethics instead.

I have found them to be very easy to work with and very responsive. We've used them for 7 years.

Pegasus

Hmm.. I never thought about that... obviously! :tongue_smilie: