Menu

TPS questions...

I just enrolled my sons in Mrs. Runkle's Geography. The time of class is 8:15-9:45 however I noticed on registration that they said to please note that this is U.S. ET and that TPS observes DST...so, for someone like me that is in Central, does this mean our class begins at 7:15 or 9:15...I know this is silly-just chalk it up to the movies/sweet tea vodka and lemonade but I just want to make sure that I haven't signed up for a 7:15 class. Boys will kill me!

Also, when registering they asked for boys email address. Do your kids have individual email accounts for something like this?

Holy cow, we are so not up for 7:15! I tried to go back and request the later class which already had a waiting list and I was able to put one student on wait but it would let me do both which really stinks. I really wish I could just talk to someone rather than emailing.

Holy cow, we are so not up for 7:15! I tried to go back and request the later class which already had a waiting list and I was able to put one student on wait but it would let me do both which really stinks. I really wish I could just talk to someone rather than emailing.

Did you e-mail? My experience is that they are very quick at returning e-mail.

My kids have taken some pretty early classes since we're on the west coast. My son's Latin 3 class started at 5am for him this past year but that's the only section there was of that class. There were only 7 kids in the class and 3 of them were in our time zone and in class at that time.

And, yes, my kids each have their own e-mail address but I don't think it would be an issue at all for them not to and to just use a family address.

Yep, I really think TPS should have manned phones during the registration period, or agree to respond to email within 24 hours. We waited days and days for a response last summer.

So just how badly are your boys going to kill you? :D An early class might not be so bad. Unless if there's video back and forth, who would know if they're in their pjs? It would never interfere with other plans for the day, and it would get them on a good schedule.

I've noticed the same thing with class times. Many online class times tend to be better for the east coast than for those in western time zones. :tongue_smilie:

My son (7th then) did his J.H. Latin at 7:30 am last year. That was early for him, but I spoiled him by making him tea after his class started and he liked that. :001_smile: This year his Latin class will start later, but his sister (10th) ASKED for the 7:30 Latin class.

I hope your boys get into the later sections, but if not, it will probably work out wonderfully. My son complained all year about his early class, then was sad when it ended. :lol:

yeah, I have started thinking about it and it could be a good thing. Start the day off with class and then have a short break. I did email them back and request to put both boys on waiting list of later class but I think most of you are right...we'll deal with it and survive!