Menu

Is anyone aware of a memory work list to go along with TOG1 (or Ancients in general)?

HappyGrace

Okay, I have Unit 1 done (I'm planning that for now to get the year started, then I'll come back and finish it up once all our subects are done for the first 8-10 weeks.) We are doing weeks 4-6 before 1-3, so this list reflects that...

days of Creation

continents

oceans

Egyptian periods/kingdoms

ten plagues

ten commandments (Exodus 20:2-17)

Jewish feasts/holidays

If they don't know the books of the OT, I would definitely work on those, too, during the first unit. Ds needs some more work on them. We aren't going to do the Pharaohs, as I don't think they are as useful as knowing some other things.

We do five finger lessons about topics. We learned about them at a one-room schoolhouse program, where they were about states. You memorize four (or five, if you want) facts about one topic and count them off on your fingers. I want to write some for the patriarchs and major figures of the OT, and also for the covenants, so those will be worked in there, if I can get them done.

We are doing life science, so our poetry memory will be linked to that (nature, trees, animals, etc.) this year, rather than my usual poetry memory list.