Menu

Megawords 1 Scheduling??

Pam B

If you are using Megawords 1- could you please tell me your weekly schedule? How long does it take you to do one list? Are you suppose to do one every week or what? I know you should go by the student- but I'm looking for a starting point here. I see there are eight lists. If I divide it for the year it would be about 4 weeks per list. Is that what you all do? :glare: I really want to make this work!

Thanks!

One of the things I like about Megawords is how little time it takes out of our day, so I have DD the Elder complete only one page per day. I dictate the sentences in the last worksheet from each list over 2 or 3 days, and then test the main wordlist -- 25 words per day until they're all covered -- retesting problem words and adding them to the review list at the end of the book as necessary. When one book is done, we move right to the next.

We do a page a day. My son got through almost three books this past year because I let him test out of some of the lists, and my daughter did two.

How you schedule it will depend on you - are you going to assign a number of pages per day or number of minutes? Are you going to pretest and skip the sections he has mastered, or go ahead and do those for good measure?

I'm going to assign X amount of pages per day. Both my boys do the "daydreaming" thing, so time slots don't work that great.

As far as the testing out- I'm just going to have them do it all. I know that sounds crazy for some, but they aren't the best spellers. I just want them to have a firm foundation.

After reading the posts- I guess I'll start out with... well, 1 or 2 pages per day, and see how it goes. I'm really interested in how this will work out in the end. Hopefully it will help them. :)

We are using Megawords 1 this year. I divided out the book for the 36 weeks we are in school and give or take a couple of days, we will do it three days a week for the entire school year.

I am heavy on the Language Arts this year and didn't really want to do more than one book.