Menu

printing math mammoth - does it need to be in color?

t-hat

I am about to start printing out the math mammoth pages I downloaded and wondered if anyone had an opinion as to whether they should be printed in color or if b&w is fine? do you notice your kids having a huge preference?

Thanks!!

I'm using MM but we just started a couple weeks ago. I had it printed all in B/W. I have heard on the forum that there are only a couple pages that need to be in color. My dd is also using MUS which is all B/W. She has no idea that there are colorful, cutesy math workbooks out there as we have been using MUS since the beginning.

I printed in B&W. Coming from Horizons it was a bit of a change but nothing my child complained about. She did say color would be nice but that she was fine without it.

There were a couple exercises in the grade 1 level that I had to skip because of it being in B&W. I couldn't tell the difference in the ink color to know what the problem was supposed to be. I think it's okay to skip here and there (although I suppose I could have turned on the computer and looked up the original) as long as it doesn't get to happening too often.

It was far more economical to print in black and white since the printer I used also printed double-sided. If I used my color laser, I'd have had single sided pages and my kids' math books would be huge. In my case I saved money in ink and paper by going B&W.

I have heard on the forum that there are only a couple pages that need to be in color.

There are very few pages where color is needed. I have a B/W laser, so when it is needed I use color highlighters or markers. It tends to be the geography and measuring chapters that need color. The "fun" chapters as my son calls them! :D