Menu

Can you recommend a really good toaster?

We have had a toaster oven for years. Recently I was thinking about how we very rarely use it as an oven; we use it almost exclusively to toast bread, bagels, etc. Yet it does a poor job toasting; it toasts very unevenly. So I'm thinking of replacing it with a regular toaster, one that works well!

So, can you recommend a good toaster? I'd like something that does well with bagels, bread, English muffins, and waffles. I like the idea of the "long slot" style, which can accomodate larger slices, but that's not a dealbreaker.

Wendi

Honestly, there's not much too toaster technology. I've always found we could purchase pretty much any cheap toaster with the feature we wanted and it was fine.

:iagree:. Love what Pooh Bear posted, but for just a plain toaster, they all last about the same length of time.

I love our Cuisinart Convection oven/toaster. We don't have a microwave and haven't since we bought this about 6 yrs ago. It has done it all for us and have never had a problem.

You can toast pretty much any size/shape slice you want.

Mine is just like this one but this is listed as unavailable.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-TOB-165-Convection-Toaster-Broiler/dp/B00004YNX2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1278086871&sr=8-11