Menu

List of grammar programs that include diagramming

Staceyshoe

I did a search but couldn't find a list of grammar programs that include diagramming. I'd like to find the grammar program that's the right fit and stick with it, and I think diagramming is something that I want ds to know. Is there a list of programs some place? If not, can you help me make one?

I did a search but couldn't find a list of grammar programs that include diagramming. I'd like to find the grammar program that's the right fit and stick with it, and I think diagramming is something that I want ds to know. Is there a list of programs some place? If not, can you help me make one?

Analytical Grammar and Junior Analytical Grammar.

Heather

Most do, and it's very easy to add on if the program you like doesn't. We use Shurley, so we just pick one of the sentences from each 3 sentence set and diagram onto a whiteboard. Simple, easy, and gets us there while letting us use the program that fits my dd.

Diagramming is an analytical, almost logic stage process, so there's no need to stress over it now. Anything you do with it now is going to be very basic. You could totally wait a couple years and hurt nothing, or you can do it now in gentle doses. CLE has an inexpensive little handbook you can get for around $3 that would get you started. When he gets older, RR sells some nice diagramming workbooks. And the program that suits your ds now might not be what you use when he hits junior high. So you could do NO diagramming now, knowing you'll hit it later. I personally would focus more on memorizing the defs and grammar lists at this age than I would diagramming.