Menu

Apologia question

I am going to use Apologia Zoology 1 with my dc 7 & 10 this summer/fall and am wondering if I should purchase a notebooking journal for my dd7 (just finished 1st grade) or if it will be too much for her. I have only glanced at them briefly and did not have this plan in mind at the time so I need some advice from those of you that have used these journals before.

Thank you

** Ok, I just found the FREE notebooking pages on Jeannie Fulbrights website. So, is the notebooking journal better than using the free notebooking pages? UGH! Just when I begin to think I'm getting it all figured out, I discover something else & it's back to the drawing board again! HELP!!!

Edited by Katiebug_1976

We did Apologia Astronomy this year with ds7 and ds6. I only had a notebook for ds7. My ds6 begged for one. I thought it would be too much writing for him so I didn't get him one. There are lots of places for illistrations and short narrations though. I will definately get him one for fall. He will be working into 2nd grade work. So I would say yes. You may have to help her with crosswords etc. We skipped some of the copywork or shortened it b/c there was not enough space. He really wanted to do the cut and paste projects in the back.

You know I got it for my 2nd grader this year (astronomy) and I will HIGHLY recommend it! She has grown in area's I really had not even though she would with it! (doing the crossword puzzles, cutting on the lines, scripture memory and creative thinking) I highly recommend it! Also, if you do, be sure you look at the beginning and the end and show your dc has grown through the year!! (and she your child that also!)

We have used the notebooks with the textbooks and loved them! You can do as much or as little as you like. The important thing is for each child to make it their own. We like adding photographs of experiments.

This is a great tip. I will have to do this next year. My kiddos would love it.

Not to hijack, but what is the youngest age you would use the notebook for? I have a 2nd, 1st, and K next year and we will be doing Astronomy. I think my 2nd grader would like it, maybe useful for my 1st, and my Ker would just feel left out. What do you think?

There are some great FREE notebooking pages at homechool launch. They are listed as ECW Astronomy ch...

They are pdf files and most chapters have several pages.

Cindy

I almost forgot!!! The yahoo group "Notebooking2Learn" has HUNDREDS of free notebooking pages for Apologia Astronomy, Zoology, & more. You really wanna join this one (it's free to join).

Edited by savmom
Forgot link