Menu

Issue with purchasing used....

I have a situation...

I purchased some curriculum here on the swap boards. Paid for it via paypal (purchase option not personal, I even added the amount for fees). This was on May 25th.

I have not received the books nor have I had any contact with the seller. I have left numerous pm's and can't email because she has set up her profile to not receive emails. My only recourse is pm's.

The has been on at least once every day in the last three days and I get no response. I don't even know if she mailed the books! She has good feedback, no bad. Yet.

What would you all do in my situation? It was items totaling almost $78!

I am going to have to leave negative feedback if I don't get the books (obviously) and perhaps even if I do. This isn't the way to conduct business!

Thoughts?

I am sure she is a regular poster. She has over 200 posts. What gets me isn't so much the time, I know things can take a bit especially when distracted, it is being ignored. I have private messaged her at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks and had NO response. I just don't like that. I mean even if it's "OMG I forgot to mail them". I just want communication from this person.

Edited by Mynyel
was originally wrong on post count

Has she been to the boards? You can click on her user name and see her posting history. If she's been here, I'd be very ticked. If she hasn't been here, I'd give it a bit more time. Do you have her paypal email address? You could try that and if you still don't get a response, open a dispute.

Good luck!

Was it specified how they would be mailed? Media rate can take several weeks.

I agree that sellers should be checking their email/PM a bit more frequently when conducting "business", but the reality is that some people don't log on every day. And if her only means is through this forum, well, not everyone is obsessive about checking this forum (though I can't imagine, lol).

The good news is that you still have time.....May 25 to June 8 (today) is only 15 days.....you have up to 45 days to make a claim at Paypal. I know that's not a lot of comfort when you're worried that you've been ripped off, but if she has all positive ratings (and hopefully that's several ratings, not just one or two), then I would try to be patient.

As for feedback....I would definitely point out the lack of communication. Let her post a reply that she went out of town, or had a sick kid or whatever her reason may be. As a buyer I like to have all the information possible to make a decision. Knowing that she's got a hectic life won't detract from me, but will make me feel less anxious when I try to contact her. I find the seller's response to negatives much more telling than the negative itself. Those that calmly apologize or provide their side of the story even when it's not my ideal are much more likely to get my business than the seller who rails against the negative. I can't tell you how many auctions on ebay I have passed up because the very few negatives vs. thousands of positives has been so volatile. Not sure how the ratings work on this board, but if there is a nuetral like on ebay, I'd probably leave that if the only problem ends up being slow or lack of communication. That of course, means you'll have received your item. You might also want to check the postage date and be sure it was given to the post office in a timely manner (for me that's two to three post office days after payment cleared max).

:grouphug: I hope your package arrives safely this week!

If she has good feed-back it is probably not a problem. I would give her more time. It once took 21 days for a Sonlight core to reach me; that is when I started doing what is stated below.

I know this won't help much now, but before I buy an item I always ask if the seller will purchase a delivery confirmation and e-mail me with the number; that way I can track when it was mailed, and somewhat track the progress. It also protects the buyer from the purchaser saying they did not receive the item. I've also noticed that the post office takes less time to deliver items with the confirmation number.

If the seller states they do not purchase delivery confirmations; I will not buy from them. I know it is not protection against loss or damage; but it gives me peace of mind.