Menu

Need to vent.

I stopped all relations/communication with my bio familiy over a year ago because they are abusive, intrusive, manipulating, boundary-less, some drug-addicted, wack-jobs. They KNOW why I had to cut them off. I also cut off ties with anyone connected with them. I have tried to live privately and I have not talked about their serious issues with anyone we have in common in order to respect their privacy.

Well, I just found out from a third party that they have been keeping tabs on my life and know every detail about it! I have no idea who the weak link is or if they are spying on me but I feel so completely violated and undermined. I always live with the "threat" of running into them or of them trying to barge into my life unexpectedly because we are in the same city (I am dying to move but have to wait until DH finishes school) but I thought I had managed to dodge them for at least 10 months. I was wrong and feel so exposed.

I cannot calm down right now. I want to pack my kids in the car and just drive away - far, far away - and tell DH to meet us when he's done. I want my own witness-protection program to get me away from them.

Are you on facebook? Could it be a privacy settings thing, or a friend on your list that you're not really clsoe with but who's close with them? It seems so many people can get SO much info via facebook now.

Can I ask how you found out that they've been keeping tabs on you?

I am not on any public sites like facebook. I lead a VERY private life.

A mutual friend (who I see/talk with once or twice a year) emailed me to say that "she can't believe I did not share xyz info about my life with her!" and that she had been filled in by my bio family (who I never shared one bit of this info with).

I really cannot imagine how they would know me from this board.

The person who emailed me does not live in our same town. She was told over the phone probably by my sister. I do not know who is giving this info to my sister as I have cut-off ties with everyone. I was totally shocked that this person knew anything about my life.